Re: local info files and top info directory

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: local info files and top info directory
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 11:29:03 +0100

Am 03.01.2012 um 04:58 schrieb Eric Abrahamsen:

> This works, except that when I run `info' and it composes the main Info
> directory, the info files of some of the packages (gnus, org) show up in
> the directory listing, while others (magit, auctex, emms) don't.

You need to "register" the INFO files with the command install-info. Then the
docs are recorded in a file named "dir" which the info-mode in GNU Emacs reads.
What's not recorded is not visible, is not shown.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.