"C-h k" reports "<keybinding> is undefined"

From: York Zhao
Subject: "C-h k" reports "<keybinding> is undefined"
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 12:31:33 -0500

Hi there,

I have noticed this problem for awhile that for some of the key bindings "C-h k"
shows "<key binding> is undefined". For example, when I type "C-h k M-q", it
says "M-q is undefined", but I really did bind it to my own function and my
function was working because If I set breakpoint in the function where "M-q" was
being bound to and press "M-q" I was able to get into the function. The key
bindings not being shown by "C-h k" is not limited to "M-q" but a bunch of
others as well. However, there are also a number of other key bindings that can
be reported by "C-h k". I have no idea why this is happening. Can somebody tell
me with this?

Thanks,

York