Re: newbie needs to be bailed out

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: newbie needs to be bailed out
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:32:04 +0100

Am 5.1.2012 um 01:14 schrieb Marko Vojinovic:

> This maybe doesn't apply to the OP, but I've seen MacOSX users who don't even
> know what a "terminal" is, let alone how to open one (being a Linux user
> myself, I also had some trouble finding a way to open a terminal when I first
> sat in front of a Mac machine on one occasion).

Apple adds some documentation to the released DVDs which explain such basic
things. It's mostly English, though...  and has to be read by oneself, it does
not speak.

> So, is there a way to find out the emacs version from within a running emacs
> instance itself?

How can you determine that when you can't launch a terminal in which GNU Emacs
runs?

--
Greetings

  Pete

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
                                – George W. Bush