Strange eshell find-file issue for new files

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Strange eshell find-file issue for new files
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 14:44:48 +0100

Hi,

I have an eshell alias f:
        alias f find-file $1

I happily use that from eshell to start editng existing files.

But when I hit 'f new-file.txt' to start editng a not yet existing file,
eshell merely says 'Opening input file' and that's it.

This is not due to the alias, as typing 'find-file new-file.txt'
exhibits the same behaviour.

I'd really like to understand what's happening, and more importantly,
find out how this can be fixed.

TIA,

Guido

--
In the long run, every program becomes rococo, and then rubble.
                -- Alan Perlis

http://vanhoecke.org ... and go2 places!