Re: Mouse support does not work

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Mouse support does not work
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:44:31 +0100

Am 12.1.2012 um 08:22 schrieb Tassilo Horn:

> Hm, I think that was different when I just did "stty erase '^?'" the
> first time.  Is that setting persisted across xterm sessions?

No, it has to be invoked in each xterm session, so put that command into the
shell's RC file. It needs to be executed even then when the shell is not the
login shell.

Interestingly uxterm seems to be immune! In its menu it has "Backarrow Key
(BS/DEL)" activated. And this one is the culprit, this setting makes DEL and BS
equal. (Maybe one day I'll find which X resource is responsible.) In xterm this
resource has no effect.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Stop-and-go:
        Bezeichnung für die vergeblichen Bemühungen der Outomobilistinnen,
durch "Stop" schneller zu sein als die Fußgängerinnen durch "Go."