Re: Mouse support does not work

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Mouse support does not work
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:56:53 +0100

>> Hm, I think that was different when I just did "stty erase '^?'" the
>> first time.  Is that setting persisted across xterm sessions?
>
> No, it has to be invoked in each xterm session, so put that command
> into the shell's RC file. It needs to be executed even then when the
> shell is not the login shell.

Really strange.  I restarted my xterm many times, but I'm pretty sure I
had a different behavior in the first one before I eventually invoked
"stty erase '^?'"...

> Interestingly uxterm seems to be immune!

Not for me.  Both stty and toggeling normal-erase-is-backspace (or both)
make that either both DEL and C-h delete or activate the help menu...

Anyway, there are many good alternatives to xterm (urxvt, GNOME
Terminal, XFCE Terminal, KDE Konsole, ...).

Bye,
Tassilo