workgroups and local buffer lists

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: workgroups and local buffer lists
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 10:44:45 +0800

I'm using workgroups version 0.2.0
(http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WorkgroupsForWindows) which works great
for me, just the right amount of functionality.

The one thing I would like is for each workgroup to maintain its own
buffer list, so that recently viewed buffers in one workgroup won't
"infect" the buffer lists of other workgroups.

I've read the buffer list section of the Elisp manual, but I'm not
seeing an easy way of doing this.

A "workgroup" is just an alist of various parameters, so I guess a new
parameter, "buffer-list", could be added to that. But what would it take
to short-circuit all the commands that use (buffer-list), and make them
use this local version instead? Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Eric

--
GNU Emacs 24.0.92.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.8)
 of 2012-01-11 on pellet