Re: Correct way of overriding custom-set-faces after the color-theme is

From: Philipp Haselwarter
Subject: Re: Correct way of overriding custom-set-faces after the color-theme is loaded
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 12:13:37 +0100

my bad, got confused with my mail accounts.

On Fri, Feb 03 2012 09:58 (@1328259509), Philipp Haselwarter wrote:

> two solutions come to my mind:
>
> 1) set the face attributes outside of customize, that way they won't be
>    affected by customize.
> #+begin_src elisp
>  (set-face-background 'flymake-errline "DarkRed")
> #+end_src
>
> 2) put custom stuff into a separate file and load that at some point of
>    your .emacs
> #+begin_src elisp
>  (load
>   (setq custom-file
>         (expand-file-name "custom.el" user-emacs-directory))
>   'noerror)
> #+end_src

Clarification: Do one /or/ the other :) If you choose option two, make
sure to create the file you set as `custom-file' (C-h v custom-file RET)
and move all the custom-* stuff from your .emacs into that file. Also,
use an absolute path-name. If things don't work as expected, remove the
'noerror and start emacs as "emacs --debug-init".

--
Philipp Haselwarter