RE: maximizing window for MacOSX

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: maximizing window for MacOSX
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 06:49:18 -0800

> I am trying to develop an Emacs Lisp program that maximizes
> the window.  I found and modified the following code, which
> was originally for Carbon Emacs. ...
> It does not act as I want it to.

You might also try the code in frame-cmds.el (e.g. `maximize-frame'):
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/frame-cmds.el.  (It requires a second
library, frame-fns.el: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/frame-fns.el.)

It does not depend on the frame parameter `fullscreen', which does not exist in
some Emacs builds.  It takes into consideration the space available on Mac-OS,
via `mac-display-available-pixel-bounds'.