Re: multiple async-shell-command?

From: jpkotta
Subject: Re: multiple async-shell-command?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 08:20:01 -0800 (PST)

I use openwith (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OpenWith), which works with
dired.  Maybe it's not quite what you're looking for, but it can certainly open
more than one file with an external application.  The version in the wiki
causes the external programs to close when Emacs closes, because they're
subprocesses of Emacs.  I've modified it to disown the processes so they stay
up even after Emacs closes.  I just submitted a patch; you can get my version
here: http://pastebin.com/F5kxd6sm.