Re: Remote editing using emacsclient.

From: jpkotta
Subject: Re: Remote editing using emacsclient.
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 08:44:04 -0800 (PST)

I wanted to do this as well, and I could never get it working.  As far as I
could tell, it connected to the emacsserver without issue, but then wanted to
create the emacsclient on the server machine.  IIRC, if I played with the
DISPLAY variable, it would create an emacsclient window on the server machine,
which seemed profoundly useless.  So the best thing is probably to run
emacsclient through ssh -- that's what I do anyway.  There was a discussion on
reddit.com/r/emacs about this several months ago, but I can't find it.