Runemacs.exe and emacs.exe don't seem to run

From: Douglas Harter
Subject: Runemacs.exe and emacs.exe don't seem to run
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:58:10 -0500

I am running EMacs 21.3 on Windows XP & Vista and have been for quite a
while. The reason I have not changed is that starting with 21.4, when I run
runemacs.exe or emacs.exe, I never get the work area to come up.

When I upgraded using the bare-bin with 21.4, the problem started occurring.
I have tried upgrading several times since, the last time to 23.3, and still
have the same problem.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do?