Re: How to set minibuffer-prompt face foreground conditionally?

From: Richard Cobbe
Subject: Re: How to set minibuffer-prompt face foreground conditionally?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 07:57:32 -0500

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 10:08:40PM +0100, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 12.2.2012 um 18:32 schrieb Richard Cobbe:
>
> > Is there a way to do this that I'm overlooking?
>
> Possibly... I have set a customisation like that, which is active in all GNU
> Emacs variants, with or without windowing system:
>
>       '(minibuffer-prompt ((t (:background "yellow" :foreground "OrangeRed4"
> :weight bold))))
>
> Could be I used its own customisation system for this.

Thanks -- I wasn't aware that custom-set-faces could contain conditions
like this.  With a little digging around in the help, I was able to find a
solution.

I'm not thrilled with it -- not only do I have to edit the customization
stuff by hand (which rather seems to defeat the purpose of the
customization system), but I still think that there should be a way to do
this programatically in elisp.  However, I have a solution that works, and
I'm ok with that.

Thanks,

Richard