Trouble with visual-basic-mode.el

From: Douglas Harter
Subject: Trouble with visual-basic-mode.el
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:51:24 -0500

I just upgraded from emacs 21.3 to 23.3 (I hadn't been using it for a
while). When I did I found a problem with visual-basic-mode.el. I don't know
how long it has been around, but I suspect since V23 came out. I am CCing
this to all the previous maintainers also in hopes of getting this to
someone who can help.

It will work some places in the file, but not others. When I try to start a
new line after an End IF, it gives me an error message of invalid
regexp:"Invalid regular expression" and refuses to even go to the next line.
There may be other problems, but that was a real stopper for me.