Search in filled text does not work correctly

From: linuxfever
Subject: Search in filled text does not work correctly
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 04:59:57 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is a bug or a missing functionality, so I thought to
try here first before reporting as a bug. I have noticed that when searching
for an expression in a filled text, then the search function (C-s) does not
find the expression when it is broken between lines. Try the example below
in your scratch buffer by copying and pasting it and searching for such an
expression.

Example for checking that when the text is filled the search
function does not work correctly. After filling this
paragraph (M-x fill-paragraph), try to search for two words that
are broken between lines. In my scratch buffer, this was 'the
search' and should be found at the end of the first line, but was
not found by the command.

Does the same happen in your Emacs as well? Thanks in advance!