Re: default point ?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: default point ?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:32:12 +0100

Am 29.2.2012 um 04:58 schrieb Muhali:

> Sometimes (e.g. at my office) point is put on a fixed position, sometimes
> (e.g. at home) point is put at the position when the buffer was last
> visited.

I'd say that point is saved at that point were the text cursor last was. When
it was nowhere, i.e., you opened the buffer without "doing" anything, then it
should be the beginning of the buffer. When you're using desktop.el and/or
session.el, then the point in the buffer can be preserved between sessions. And
sometimes I think GNU Emacs caches point and when I re-open the file the text
cursor is at point where it was when I closed the before before...

--
Greetings

  Pete

Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.
        - D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9