if there is any way to forbidden "<>" because I never use "<>" as bracke

From: 李沅衡
Subject: if there is any way to forbidden "<>" because I never use "<>" as brackets in c/c++
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 21:09:18 +0800

Hi, I used Gnu Emacs to code C/C++ on CentOS for about one year.
Recently I updated my Emacs to 23.3.4 and I found it is still hard for Emacs to distinguish "< >" and "( )" .

For example when I code like
emacs will be puzzled on Parenthesis Matching and Highlighting...

So I send this email to ask if there is any way to forbidden "<>" because I never use "<>" as brackets.
I can work with .emacs file with simple Lisp programming language.

And could you please solve this c++-mode problem in the future.

sincerely yours
LiYuanheng