Re: Emacs 24.0.94.1 slow to load on OS X

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.0.94.1 slow to load on OS X
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 00:29:04 +0100

Am 3.3.2012 um 23:19 schrieb jreeseue:

> Not sure about DNS response (not terribly sure how to determine).

Maybe 'time nslookup apple.com'? Or 'dig' or lookup with 'host -a' your NTP
server with time.

> I've taken
> the push statement out of the init file. I've posted my current init file in
> a previous post. I've closed all internet connections and run --debug init
> and this is my *Messages* buffer:
> ("emacs" ".emacs")
> For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

This looks very good. Although the correct invocation is 'emacs --debug-init'

> I've also done a netstat to see what is going on connection wise:
> 22:10@legolas:$ netstat -a

But this looks bad! It does not show the network connections related to GNU
Emacs.

I have not really a good idea. It might bring some insight configuring and
building GNU Emacs again, with that was found and enabled before now disabled
via --without-<that configure option>. If this emacs is normal, fast launching,
you can start to add/enable configure options one by one until one brings back
that slowness. Then you'll have your first culprit.

--
Greetings

  Pete

You can learn many things from children.  How much patience you have, for
instance.
                                – Franklin P. Jones