Re: notifications-notify resets idle-time

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: notifications-notify resets idle-time
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:51:49 +0100

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> It seems, that I rather need dbus-unregister-object, because I only want
> to unregister the closed-signal, not the action-signal. So I patched
> notifications.el:

Well, I've played also with notifications.el, in order to make
fine-grained signal registering. The ide was, that a new register-signal
shall be applied exactly for the signal we do expect. In general it is
possible, one could say how the arguments look like of the incoming
signals. But unfortunately, the ID argument of the
notifications-action-signal and notifications-close-signal is of type
UINT32, and using arguments for registering signals is only possible if
they are of type STRING.

So I failed.

Let's wait for Emacs 24.2. Either we will suppress resetting the idle
timer when D-Bus events arrive, or I find a way to discriminate incoming
signals also by arguments of non-STRING type.

Best regards, Michael.