Resyncing in ediff

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: Resyncing in ediff
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 21:48:40 +0000

Sometimes ediff regions get off by one. (It seems to get confused around lines
that consist only of whitespace, something that happens easily in emacs.)

Is there a "nice" way to get ediff to resync?

I can imagine writing the code to (1) gather relevant vars and their values,
(2) quit ediff, (3) narrow the buffers from point to EOB, (4) run ediff-buffers
on the same buffers and (5) restore all the vars. However, I'm guessing that
with the complexity of ediff will make that slightly harder than my uneducated
imagination is guessing right now.

Thanks.

,Doug