Re: problem repeat entry for a number

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: problem repeat entry for a number
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 09:54:18 +0100

() source liu <sourceonly@gmail.com>
() Thu, 8 Mar 2012 16:17:39 +0800

   > I see it as an opportunity to improve the manual.
   > What terms did you use to search for this info?

   here term you mean something like rxvt xterm?
   I'm sorry I'm not quite understand.

Sorry, i'll rephrase ...

   as for manuals, i have a problem in looking it up for a quite a
   long time.

   A lot of information I know it should be in C - h, but when i
   come across to a issue, i just can't find which is related to
   the specific issue.  :(

... here:

The Emacs hackers would like to improve the manual so that the
answer to questions such as "how to insert 999999999 using a
prefix argument" can be more easily found, perhaps by adding terms
to the manual's index, or by adding/clarifying specific pieces of
text.  To figure out what to do, it's best to know what happened,
previously.  That's why i asked that question, with "term" being
another way to say "index topic".  I presumed (maybe mistakenly?)
that you used the index.

So, more generally: "What was your strategy to search for the
answer to this question?"