Re: First character beeps screen sometimes

From: Aaron Meurer
Subject: Re: First character beeps screen sometimes
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:09:28 -0600

I set aside ~/.emacs, ~/.emacs.d, and ~/.emacs-places (the only
~/.emacs* files I have), and started with emacs --daemon
--no-site-file --debug-init, and it still exhibits the problem.
Starting with -Q doesn't exhibit the problem.

Is it possible that --debug-init doesn't actually show me what I want
because by the time I open a client, the debugging info is gone?  I've
noticed that problem before, e.g., when I had a syntax error in
.emacs.  Maybe it's "trying" to show me something, and that's what is
taking up the first keypress.  I know very little about how emacs
works internally, though, so I'm just shooting in the dark here.

Aaron Meurer