ido-mode does not work porperly sometimes

From: Thorsten
Subject: ido-mode does not work porperly sometimes
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:43:07 +0100

Hi List,
when using

,------------------------------
| C-x b (ido-switch-buffer) RET
`------------------------------

sometimes the selected buffer is
simply not shown.

However, a look at ibuffer with

,------------------
| C-x C-b (ibuffer)
`------------------

shows, that the selected buffer has been moved to the top of the buffer
list, like expected.

This happens occasionally, just recently with a dired buffer called with
-alR switch. To call a dired buffer with C-u C-x d, to change the
switch, I have to turn off ido-mode first (is there a way to avoid
this?). Then I turn on ido-mode again.

Is that the reason for the strange behaviour - ido-switch-buffer does
not work properly with buffers that have been opened with ido-mode
turned off?

It not really a big problem, but a bit surprising sometimes. My favorite
solution would be to be able to change dired switches (e.g. to -alR)
with ido-mode activated - is that possible?

--
cheers,
Thorsten