Re: Weird error message in Cocoa Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Weird error message in Cocoa Emacs
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:16:44 -0000

> I keep getting a weird error message at seemingly random times:
>> "Error in process sentinal: Wrong argument type: window-live-p, nil"

This means that a process started by Emacs has just terminated and its
sentinel (i.e. callback registered to be run when it terminates) has
signaled the above error, which I'd guess is due to the fact that the
sentinel is trying to select a window that doesn't exist any more, and
I'd also guess that this window is the window that was selected when the
process was started.

Enabling "Option => Enter Debugger on Error" should let you get a
backtrace when this happens should help you figure out which
process/sentinel/package is to blame.

        Stefan