Re: Pipe bash file contents to shell

From: giorgos
Subject: Re: Pipe bash file contents to shell
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:18:08 -0000

I managed to create a lisp function which is very close to what I
want:

(defun pipe-region-to-shell ()
(interactive)
(append-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "*shell*") (region-beginning)
(region-end))
)

The function yanks the region to the shell buffer, which is exactly
what I want. Unfortunately, the bash commands in the region are not
executed, unless I go the shell buffer and press Enter.
I tried adding

(set-buffer "*shell*")
(newline)

but it only moves the point down one line, instead of actually
executing the command. Any suggestions?