Re: org mode: change key binding

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: org mode: change key binding
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:19:53 -0000

Ulrich Scholz <d7@thispla.net> writes:

> I'm starting to use org mode but I don't like some of its key
> bindings.
>
> In particular, my <home> and <end> keys should move the cursor to the
> first and last line of the file, respectively.  Putting
>
> (global-set-key [home] 'beginning-of-buffer)
> (global-set-key [end] 'end-of-buffer)
>
> in my .emacs does not help.  How should I change the configuration?
>
> Thanks,

It is likely that the home/end keys have local keymap definitions loaded
by org-mode. As local keymaps override global ones, you will need to
make the changes in the local keymap. This will need to be done inside
an appropriate org-mode hook. Check the org mode manual and custom
sections to identify the appropriate hook and keymap.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au