Re: Determining whether Emacs is in focus

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Determining whether Emacs is in focus
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:20:18 -0000

> this. Under X (can't speak to Windows), the original concept was that
> the window manager would be responsible for all this stuff, not
> individual applications. For example, an application could ask for a

That's true for the case where "all this stuff" is "all the decisions
about which window gets focus", but the OP's question is not about
controlling focus, but about getting to know where is the focus.
I think X11 does provide the needed information (which Emacs uses to
decide for example how to draw the cursor).

        Stefan