Re: Biber: void-variable TeX-command-list error

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Biber: void-variable TeX-command-list error
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:21:09 -0000

Haines Brown <haines@HistoricalMaterialism.info> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Why is the following not wrapped in
>>
>> (eval-after-load  "tex" '(add-to-list ... ))

Did you see that quote?

> Sorry to be so dense, but I'm not sure of your intent here. I tried
> prepending the line:
>
>   (eval-after-load "tex"
>
> so as to wrap:
>
>   (add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
>   (quote
>     ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")))

It is impossible to guess what you actually wrote.  Likely you forgot
the quote for the evaluated material.

> and also tried prepending it for all three sections of biber code.

It is even less possible to guess what you actually wrote here since
what you quoted before already _had_ been wrapped in eval-after-load.

If you want advice as to why something does not work, don't describe the
problematic code.  Show it.

--
David Kastrup