Switching between foo.c and foo.h

From: Jorgen Grahn
Subject: Switching between foo.c and foo.h
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:22:01 -0000

This is a bit embarrassing.

Two years or so ago I asked for a function to switch to the "other"
buffer for pairs such as a C header file and the C source file with a
matching name, potentially find:ing the file first.  Then I forgot
about it.

Then, while browsing some obscure corner of the Emacs 22 manual, I
found that such a function already existed. As I recall it, it had a
non-obvious name. It was bound by default (at least in C mode) to some
three-stroke keyboard command.

And now when I want to start using it, and I can no longer find it.

Does anyone know offhand which command I'm talking about?  It doesn't
seem to be part of CC mode, and it's not listed in the "Misc Buffer"
node, which I remember reading when I stumbled upon it. Nor can I find
it using C-x C-h. Perhaps I was dreaming?

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@  Oo  o.   .     .
\X/     snipabacken.se>   O  o   .