set non-convert to act as hyper

From: Simón Ortiz
Subject: set non-convert to act as hyper
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:22:50 -0000

I want to set some of the keys of my keyboard to act as the hyper key.

First, I set the "application" key in my .emacs, like so:

(setq w32-pass-apps-to-system nil
      w32-apps-modifier 'hyper)

And it works.

I have a Japanese keyboard, I want to set the "non-convert" key to
also act as hyper. First, I check what does the key emits, like so:

   C-h c <press the non-convert key>

I get "<non-convert> is undefined" in the mini-buffer. Then I add that
to my .emacs:

(setq w32-pass-apps-to-system nil
      non-convert 'hyper
      w32-apps-modifier 'hyper)

But, every time I press "non-convert" I still get "<non-convert> is
undefined" in the mini-buffer, rather than it behaving as hyper.

What step am I missing?

Thanks!