Re: CC-Mode 5.32.1 with Latest Emacs

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: CC-Mode 5.32.1 with Latest Emacs
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:24:11 -0000

Hi,

Nordl?w <per.nordlow@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying cc-mode 5.32.1 with Emacs trunk.

5.32.1 was not tested with the trunk, since the trunk hadn't yet been
release.  Perhaps it should have been so tested.

> When I compile I get these errors

> cc-mode.el:596:29:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
> byte-compile-obsolete

> Compiling file /home/per/pnw/emacs/cc-mode-5.32.1/cc-styles.el at Sun Oct  2
> 12:28:53 2011
> cc-styles.el:654:29:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
> byte-compile-obsolete

> Load completes without erros but I when I try to edit in my new version of
> c-mode I get these errors:

> Error during redisplay: (void-function buffer-syntactic-context) [2 times]
> byte-code: End of buffer [3 times]
> ad-Orig-c-indent-line: Wrong type argument: listp,
> cc-bytecomp-ignore-var:c-syntactic-contextError during redisplay:
> (void-function buffer-syntactic-context) [2 times]
> c-in-literal: Symbol's function definition is void: buffer-syntactic-context
> ad-Orig-c-indent-line: Wrong type argument: listp,
> cc-bytecomp-ignore-var:c-syntactic-contextError during redisplay:
> (void-function buffer-syntactic-context)
> c-in-literal: Symbol's function definition is void: buffer-syntactic-context
> ad-Orig-c-indent-line: Wrong type argument: listp,
> cc-bytecomp-ignore-var:c-syntactic-contextError during redisplay:
> (void-function buffer-syntactic-context)
> c-in-literal: Symbol's function definition is void: buffer-syntactic-context
> [2 times]

> Is there an easy way out of this problem or should I wait for the emacs
> developers to fix this. I know quit a lot about Emacs-Lisp but this
> problem beats me.

I'll see if I can get this fixed in the next week or so.  Maybe even get
5.32.2 released.

By the way, the best place to report bugs like this in CC Mode is
bug-cc-mode@gnu.org.  :-)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).