Re: disabling individual prefixes in input-method 'latin-9-prefix

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: disabling individual prefixes in input-method 'latin-9-prefix
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:25:04 -0000

> Is there a way to turn off the prefix feature for some chars, like _ and /?

I don't think there's any predefined functionality for that, no.
I guess you'd have to go mess around in that input-method's internal
data structures :-(
I wish it were easier to define input-methods as a modification (or
even combination) of existing ones.

Whatever you come up with, make sure to submit it for inclusion in
quail.el.

> Since I hardly use _ and / prefixes, I'd like to turn them off completely.
> Any hints?

For these kinds of reasons I used the latin-1-postfix method instead,
which seemed to bump into fewer problems (tho I wasn't bothered by _
and / as much as ').

        Stefan