Menus not working sometimes

From: unfrostedpoptart
Subject: Menus not working sometimes
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:29:35 -0000

Help!

This has been bugging me for months. I'm running 23.3.1 on RHE.  Once in a
while (including right now), some menus won't open. It always seems like it's
the menus associated with the mode the buffer is using (e.g. Verilog, Fld).
The standard menus (File, Edit, etc) are working fine.  When this happens, the
menu item highlights and there a very small square below the left edge of the
highlighted rectangle.

It sometime goes away in a bit but sometimes I have to quit and restart emacs.
Anyone seen this? Know how to fix it?

Update:  I just selected a working menu (Help) and undocked it.  When I
redocked it, the other, non-working menus were fine again.  Hope that helps.
It's at least a workaround for me.

Thanks!

 David