Re: What is a good emacs color-theme for code presentations via projecto

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: What is a good emacs color-theme for code presentations via projector?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:30:00 -0000

In article <87pqgb278i.fsf@castleamber.com>,
John Bokma  <john@castleamber.com> wrote:
>Julien Chastang <julien.c.chastang@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I ended doing some experimentation. None were perfectly satisfactory
>> but these three worked: Blue Mood, blackOnGray, Dark Blue 2
>
>I use a self-modified version of 'inkpot'.
>
>--
>John Bokma                                                               j3b
>
>Blog: http://johnbokma.com/        Perl Consultancy: http://castleamber.com/
>Perl for books:    http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-exchange-for-books.html

John,

You think your version is better, at least for some purposes, eg
via projector.

Maybe you could:

1: send it in to the dev team for possible inclusion?

2: provide it to us, and explain why you made your modifications,
   which till tell us whether we want to switch to your version
   of that theme?

   (How to provide?  Via a diff (uuencoded if long lines) or some
   other way.)

I myself have troubles, when font-lock is on, reading comments,
etc -- colors are so, so, light.  Other things are colored maybe
a dark, dark, blue, almost impossible to see. So much difficulty I usually
toggle font-lock-mode off.

---

What color-theme to you use just for ordinary emacs use -- shell
scripts, english text (with double-quoted parts), whatever?

(Yes, my eyes see all the correct large digits in those
 tests for color-blindness, so at least *that* isn't
 a problem!)

Thanks so very much!

Any help of these emacs colors will be MUCH appreciated!

David