Copy/paste issue.

From: Jérôme M. Berger
Subject: Copy/paste issue.
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:46:28 +0200

        Hi,

        I have an issue with copy/paste. Here are the steps to reproduce:
* Select some text (say "foo") and copy it (M-w);
* Select some other text (say "bar") and paste (C-y):
  -> The text "bar" is deleted and the text "foo" is inserted
     in its place;
* Select yet some other text (say "zzz") and paste (C-y):
  -> Expected behavior: The text "zzz" is deleted and the text
     "foo" is inserted in its place;
  -> Actual behavior: The text "zzz" is deleted and the text
     "bar" is inserted in its place.

        This behavior is with my configuration files. If I start emacs with
-Q, pasting over selected text does not erase the selection but
inserts the pasted text at the cursor position. In that case,
pasting multiple times always pastes "foo". I'm not sure what part
of my configuration changes this behavior (grepping for "yank" and
"kill" yields nothing obvious).

        I've looked through the docs and code for the "yank" and
"kill-ring-save" functions but could not find anything.

        Can somebody give me pointers to what
variables/functions/customizations I should check to get the
behavior I want?

        Thanks,
                Jerome
--