RE: Copy/paste issue.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Copy/paste issue.
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:14:01 -0700

> It should come from delete-selection-mode.

A must, IMHO.

> Anyway, bisect your configuration should be accurate.
>  - Carl Lei (XeCycle)

>> I could, but my configuration files total over 5000
>> lines in 24 files, so I'd rather not if I can avoid it :)

Carl is right about bisecting.  It does not matter how large your init file is
or how many other files it loads.  That's the point of binary search.

It's easy for any of us (mea culpa) to forget this and think that it will be
easier to just ponder a little more or act on a hunch or two wrt where the
problem might arise (aka "if I can avoid it").

This feeling gets reinforced by the fact that things seem to progress very
slowly with binary search, at first.  Remind yourself of the story of the
inventor of chess and the king:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_growth#Rice_on_a_chessboard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_and_chessboard_problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_half_of_the_chessboard