Re: How do I make emacs indent treat #ifdef and #endif as if they were {

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: How do I make emacs indent treat #ifdef and #endif as if they were { and }?
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 07:41:21 +0000 (UTC)

In article <icpqcjye2l.fsf@home.home>, Dan Espen  <despen@verizon.net> wrote:
>dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs) writes:
>
>> In article <mailman.3503.1328738521.15002.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
>> Jules Colding  <colding@venalicium.dk> wrote:

>>>I don't. I just want the source to look as readable as possible. I don't
>>>care if it can't compile in some old compiler. Most, if not all, recent
>>>compilers are happy
>>>about spaces before the #.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>  jules
>>>

>> Aren't there well-known (unix) programs whose sole purpose is
>> to "beautify" (via indenting) various kinds of files?
>>
>> Maybe "indent" is the name of one.
>>
>> I recall looking at either that or another one once,
>> but it had so many complicated options that it overwhelmed
>> me.
>>
>> Maybe things have improved since then -- I don't know.
>
>Last time I used it I noticed a huge number of options.
>
>So, I just used it once, looked at the results,
>then searched the man page for things I wanted to change.
>

>--
>Dan Espen

Maybe someone here uses that program.  If so, and you're one
of the indent users, perhaps you could show us some indent runs,
with options, and for each run (or just invocation),
say what you wanted to accomplish, and
why you used those options, and maybe how you came up with
that set of options.

That would *really* be useful, would make indent a *lot* more
likely to get used.

Thanks!

David