Re: Emacs on OS X error

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X error
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 23:55:31 +0800

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Gaston Fiore <gaston.fiore@gmail.com> wrote:
The problem is that the top of the Emacs window appears hidden behind
the OS X menu bar and can't be accessed. The steps that I followed
are, in the top-level directory:

make distclean
./configure --with-ns
make install

I'm then opening the app by double-clicking it in the nextstep
directory. Again, I'm running OS X 10.7.3.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you can move the frame by modifying frame-parameters.

Here is a simple command that I use to resize and reposition a frame:

(defun le::reset-frame ()
  "when a bigger second monitor is disconnected, this is requireda
to bring back the window controls into
view."
  (interactive)
  (set-frame-size (selected-frame) 146 41)
  (set-frame-position (selected-frame) 0 0))

I'm not familiar with this error message, the I last built the ns build a few months ago without problems. I've since moved on to the Mac build, which is better in EVERY way for me, so maybe you can try that?  It's a little bit more involved of a build process, but the end result has a much more "Mac" feel than the ns build.  The ns build also crashed with "anything" completion usage for me several times a day, which has never happened with the Mac build.

see: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-03/msg00224.html

--
Le