git push with vc (or other)?

From: Tom Roche
Subject: git push with vc (or other)?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:11:36 -0400

How to do remote-related git operations (e.g., push to github) from
emacs? Why I ask:

I'm running

$ lsb_release -ds
Linux Mint Debian Edition
$ uname -rv
3.0.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Sun Jul 24 02:24:44 UTC 2011
$ emacs-snapshot --version
GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1

which is up-to-date with emacs.naquadah.org:stable. I've been using
git from the commandline for awhile, but not from emacs, which seemed
odd since I do most everything else from emacs. So I've been playing
with vc-mode and git's git.el (after installing package=git-el), and
have been able to do everything I need with my local repository.
However I want to push some code committed locally to a github remote,
and

* I can do this from the commandline

* I know I have code committed locally that has not been pushed

* vc-mode knows my remote: e.g.,

*vc-dir*
> VC backend : Git
> Working dir: ~/path/to/local/working/dir
> Branch     : master
> Remote     : https://me@github.com/me/project.git
> Stash      : Nothing stashed

  which is all correct.

* I see (emacs)>Maintaining>Version Control>Branches>VC Pull

But I'm not seeing anything in `info` or the mode help (for either vc
or git.el) about pushing. Can this be done from emacs? Is there an
extension I need to install?

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>