Re: git push with vc (or other)?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: git push with vc (or other)?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 04:03:36 +0200

>>> For complicated tasks, vc-mode won't do.  Try Magit.
>> FUD.
>
> FWIW, I don't think it's FUD.  VC currently only supports a very limited
> set of operations.
> It doesn't have to stay that way, but there's a lot of work to be done
> in VC to be a worthy replacement for things like PCL-CVS.

And if VC becomes as good as PCL-CVS for CVS, it doesn't mean that it is
ready for competing with alternative packages specifically made for
other VCS.

The issue is that popular VCS nowadays are different enough that
providing a single, efficient interface that covers all of them is
*very* hard, if possible at all. You can do a UI as good as PCL-CVS and
psvn.el are for CVS and svn, respectively. But something that covers svn
and git, or even bzr and git...