RE: mask files and run command on them?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: mask files and run command on them?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:38:59 -0700

> could someone give me a piece of advice? I have lots of
> directories. I'd like to mark them and then operate a
> command on each marked directory separately.
>
> Typical usage:
> dired
> mark dirs using 'm'
> -do- svn rm command on each of the selected directories
>
> how I could handle this?

See the code in dired.el and dired-aux.el defining commands that do this.

See function `dired-get-marked-files' and perhaps macros `dired-map-over-marks'
and `dired-map-over-marks-check'.  See how they are used to define such
commands.  See command `dired-do-delete' as an example.

You can also see lots of examples defining such commands in dired+.el:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/dired%2b.el