Re: Emacs: Problems of the Scratch Buffer

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Emacs: Problems of the Scratch Buffer
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:27:39 +0200

Petter Gustad <newsmailcomp6@gustad.com> writes:

> Chiron <chiron613.no.spam.@no.spam.please.gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:08:25 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
>>
>>> I'm having a hard time figuring out what _would_ be useful in a scratch
>>> buffer.
>>
>> I use it to check out lisp statements as I try to learn the language.
>
> You can do that with any buffer associated with lisp-interaction-mode
>
> C-x b my-elisp-eval-buffer
> M-x lisp-interaction-mode
>
> //Petter

precisely, as well as create your own scratch buffer from your .emacs if
you're anyway proficient enough to even want a scratch buffer : which
was the main point about usability and "first look" impressions. Even
learning emacs and some elisp for customisation I can honestly say I
never once used the scratch buffer, all interation and evaluation went
on from my init.el as it went-