Re: emacs 24's forward-char vs right-char behavior

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: emacs 24's forward-char vs right-char behavior
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:58:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, 25 April 2012 16:50:53 UTC+8, Eli Zaretskii  wrote:

> Yes, it's not easy at all.  Especially if you think about such
> complications as moving cursor with the Shift key pressed, which marks
> the region you move across.  With the visual cursor motion, the intent
> of the user wrt which buffer positions should be included in the
> region is ambiguous.

Indeed, when I tested now, I observed that when merely moving the cursor,
Chrome uses visual cursor motion, but when selecting text it switches to using
logical cursor motion.  I'm not sure what is more confusing, logical cursor
motion when moving, or changing behaviour when selecting text, but definitely
you need to use logical motion when selecting text.