Re: how to use bash alias in emacs compile

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: how to use bash alias in emacs compile
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 23:42:57 +0200

Am 02.05.2012 um 23:28 schrieb Daniel (Youngwhan):

> When I type "alias" in M-x compile, it shows dm in right way, but it
> looks the "compile" in emacs does not recognize bash alias.

Maybe you should use tcsh – here aliases work.

Anyway, maybe it plays a role in which of the many RC files bash can use you
put the alias definitions, because there are some for interactive and some for
non-interactive use. ~/.bashrc should be a good choice.

--
Greetings

  Pete

My sister opened a computer store in Hawaii.  She sells C shells down by the
seashore.