Re: Copy/paste issue.

From: Yaoyuan
Subject: Re: Copy/paste issue.
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 15:52:47 +0800

oh.. I like it, the delete-selection-mode. it has the same behaviour with other editors. thanks David

Thanks
YaoYuan

在 2012-5-7,12:19,dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs) 写道:

In article <mailman.189.1333201685.20052.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
XeCycle  <XeCycle@Gmail.com> wrote:
-=-=-=-=-=-

It should come from delete-selection-mode.

I was first thinking that maybe he had gotten into overwrite-mode.

Now, I'd never hear do delete-selection-mode, so I did a C-h f on it:

|  delete-selection-mode is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `delsel'.
|  (delete-selection-mode &optional arg)
|
|  Toggle Delete Selection mode.
|  With prefix arg, turn Delete Selection mode on if and only if arg is
|  positive.
|
|  When Delete Selection mode is enabled, Transient Mark mode is also
|  enabled and typed text replaces the selection if the selection is
|  active.  Otherwise, typed text is just inserted at point regardless of
|  any selection.

Question: what are some of the uses of this mode?  Maybe name 2 or 3 uses,
so I can understand if it's something I should get familiar with.

THANKS!

David