Re: Avoid linum line numbering in Speedbar window

From: Andreas Rönnquist
Subject: Re: Avoid linum line numbering in Speedbar window
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 14:22:57 +0200

On Thu, 03 May 2012 13:39:26 +0200
Tom Willemsen <tom@ryuslash.org> wrote:

> Hey Andreas,
>
> On Thu 03 May 2012 01:12:04 AM CEST, Andreas Rönnquist wrote:
>
> > - is there any nice and simple way to show line-numbers in every
> > window, _except_ in the Speedbar window?
>
> My first idea would be adding the following to your emacs init file:
>
> (add-hook 'speedbar-mode-hook '(lambda () (linum-mode -1)))

Your hint took me some ways to the goal - but it did quite the
opposite, showed line numbers in the Speedbar, and none in the file I
was editing :)

However - I did play around with it (and searched around on the
web) - and found find-file-hook and finally ended up with

(add-hook 'find-file-hook (lambda () (linum-mode 1)))

Now it work exactly the way I want -

Thanks - your hint showed me the right direction!
/Andreas