Re: Invisible mouse cursor with black background

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: Invisible mouse cursor with black background
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 22:01:41 +1000

The mouse cursor when over text is a thin I-beam, perhaps two pixels wide,
black and white.  Needless to say it is almost invisible and in bright ambient
light, completely invisible.  How can I change the colour and/or shape of the
pointer (preferably both)?

I had a similar problem on the terminal and was able to replace the I-beam
resource file with one I created myself. I'm hoping something similar is
possible for Emacs.

did you try setting the cursor-type variable?
,----
| cursor-type is a variable defined in `C source code'.
| Its value is t
|
|   Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion.
|
| Documentation:
| Cursor to use when this buffer is in the selected window.
| Values are interpreted as follows:
|
|   t             use the cursor specified for the frame
|   nil           don't display a cursor
|   box           display a filled box cursor
|   hollow        display a hollow box cursor
|   bar           display a vertical bar cursor with default width
|   (bar . WIDTH)         display a vertical bar cursor with width WIDTH
|   hbar                  display a horizontal bar cursor with default height
|   (hbar . HEIGHT) display a horizontal bar cursor with height HEIGHT
|   ANYTHING ELSE         display a hollow box cursor
|
| When the buffer is displayed in a non-selected window, the
| cursor's appearance is instead controlled by the variable
| `cursor-in-non-selected-windows'.
`----

as for colour, i have this in my .emacs:
,----
`----