Re: yasnippet to expand abbreviation in dired/fileopen command?

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: yasnippet to expand abbreviation in dired/fileopen command?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 04:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

On May 10, 1:44 am, David Belohrad <da...@belohrad.ch> wrote:
> Hi there,
> any help would be appreciated:
>
> I want to open a file on the remote machine. I've setup tramp to use
> abbrev to expand an abbreviation to full path, e.g.:
>
> xhs -> //ssh:xxx@xxxx#1222:/mnt/mp3/
>
> As I'm using already yasnippet for something else, using abbrev for this
> seems to be just a duplication of what yasnippet does in more generic
> way.
>
> However, as yasnippet is using set of directories to identify major mode
> and select appropriate snippet 'set', I'm not sure into what directory I
> should put my snippets so they get expanded only when I have to specify
> directory or file....
>
> any comments?
>
> thanks
> d.

it looks like your expansion is static, so you don't really need
yasnippet for that. emacs abbrev feature will do.

here's examples of how

〈Using Emacs's Abbrev Mode for Abbreviation〉
http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_abbrev_mode.html

as to your specific question about yasnippet, i don't know the answer
but someone probably will answer.

 Xah