Re: Quick installation of Emacs modules?

From: Duncan Oag
Subject: Re: Quick installation of Emacs modules?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 04:34:16 +0100

> I hope any improvement they might have made was contributed back to
> Emacs, so we don't fork that code unnecessarily.

i don't think its a fork, just an older snapshot of the package.el in
the bzr repository. (but newer than the one available to download on the
old ELPA site http://tromey.com/elpa/). I'm not sure why Marmalade
aren't linking to the most recent package.el, some incompatibilities
with Emacs 23 maybe?

      Duncan