Re: Hide extraneous buffers?

From: Aaron Meurer
Subject: Re: Hide extraneous buffers?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 16:54:46 -0600

There are literally dozens of packages that manage buffers. If you Google around, you're sure to find one that fits your needs. It sounds like you just want to create a custom next-buffer that skips those buffers you don't want.

Aaron Meurer

On Friday, May 18, 2012, BDB wrote:
Mark Skilbeck wrote:
> How exactly are you cycling through the buffers? If you know the names of
> the buffers, simply using C-x b with a partial-string can complete the buffer
> name for you. If you don't know the names of the buffers you're interested in,
> you're still going ot require casting an eye on the buffer list. Really,
> what's 3 extra buffer names?

I like to use next-buffer bound to a key to cycle through the open buffers.
I googled around and found buffer-stack.el, which kind of minimizes the
problem by keeping the less recently used buffers at the bottom of the stack,
however it's still annoying to have the clutter around.  It's actually pretty
surprising nobody has made a fix for this.

> P.S. If you're not, you should probably be using IDO[1].

Thanks, but I'm not looking to change my behavior to fit emacs, but the
other way around :)

--
Sent from my iPad.